Ugly but delicious, these cookies are super fun and super quick to make. They have a greenish tinge from the anti-oxidant rich matcha (green tea) powder that adds a sweet earthiness to the cookie flavour. The cookies are grain-free and are high in protein from the egg and almond meal, and fibre from the coconut flour. They make a great after school treat or party food (where nuts and eggs are not an issue).
Lactose Free | Gluten free | Vegetarian | Dairy Free Options | Grain Free | Wheat Free | Soy Free | Seafood Free | Allergen Alert: Nuts | Eggs
Family friendly | Freezable | Sweet Treat
Preparations time: 5mins
Cooking time: 10mins
Makes: 12 cookies (approx).
1 egg, lightly beaten
1 tsp vanilla powder or extract
¼ cup olive oil
2 tbsp coconut sugar
1 cup almond meal
1.5 tsp matcha powder, optional
2 tbsp cup dark chocolate chips
2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- Preheat oven to 170C and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl, combine the egg, vanilla, olive oil, sugar, almond meal and matcha. Mix until just combined. Avoid over-mixing as the coconut flour can dry the mixture out if overworked.
- Add in the chocolate chips and pumpkin seeds and use hands to mix through.
- Roll mixture into walnut sized balls and place on the lined baking tray. Press down lightly if desired, or leave as walnuts.
- Bake the cookies for 8-10 minutes or until just golden.