Bite sized snacks for little hands! These Cheesy Rainbow Quinoa Cups are great to have stocked up in the freezer and to use up some of those leftover veggies. The combination of quinoa, eggs, seeds and cheese make this a high protein snack that is full of flavour, fibre and colour.
If you’re looking for more inspiration for high protein snack ideas for your little ones to keep their tummies full and minds engaged, sign up to our newsletter – we’ve put together a huge list of 50 High Protein Snack Ideas that we’d love to send you!
Preparation time: 10mins
2 cups cooked quinoa (I find that the white quinoa holds together better than the tricolour)
2 eggs lightly beaten
1 tsp baking soda
1 tbsp chia seeds
2 tbsp pumpkin seeds
1⁄2 zucchini, grated
1/2 cup finely chopped broccoli
1/2 cup finely diced capsicum or frozen peas (or a mixture)
1⁄2 cup mashed pumpkin or sweet potato
1 clove garlic, minced or finely chopped
1⁄2 tsp paprika, optional
1⁄4 cup parmesan, grated, to top
1. Preheat the oven to 180C.
2. In a large bowl, combine the quinoa, egg, baking soda, chia & pumpkin seeds and mix well to combine.
3. Gently fold through the remaining ingredients (except the parmesan).
4. Spoon the mixture evenly between the mini muffin holes.
5. Sprinkle each with the parmesan.
6. Put the tray in the oven & bake for 15mins or until cooked through & golden brown on top.