These Sweet and Seedy breads are more like soft crackers, and are delicious teamed with nut butter and sliced fruit, or served with cheese on a savoury platter. If you’re after a crispier cracker, simply quarter fill your muffin pans to allow the breads to cook through more, allowing them to dry out a little more.
2 tbsp psyllium husks + 1 1/2 cup water
3 cups mixed seeds (sunflower, pumpkin, sesame, flax)
1 tsp cinnamon
½ tsp salt
1 apple, cored and grated
2 tbsp maple syrup
3 tbsp melted coconut oil
½ cup raisins
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- In a large bowl, mix the psyllium husks & water. Set aside for 5 minutes, until it forms a thick gel.
- Measure out seeds & place in a bowl, add the remaining ingredients & stir.
- Add the psyllium gel & mix everything with your hands.
- Set aside for 1 hour (you can skip this step but the end result is best after the wait).
- Spoon the mixture into 2 x 12 hole mini muffin pans & bake for about 30-40 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to completely before popping out of the muffin tray.
- Enjoy as is, or top with seed butter & sliced fruit, or a little slice of cheese (such as brie or cheddar).