This combination is a fantastic option if you’re in a hurry. It’s so versatile and can be used as a dip, spread, topping or salad. The pairing of avocado and tuna means you’ll be serving a high fibre, high protein combo that is rich in beautiful fats for happy and supple cells and healthy skin and balanced energy levels through to the next meal. Avocados are a great source of vitamins B5, B6, C, E and K, plus magnesium, potassium and copper. Tuna is a great source of protein, essential fatty acids (especially anti-inflammatory omega 3), free radical scavenging selenium, vitamin B12 and phosphorus.
Preparations time: 5mins
95g can tuna in spring water, drained
1/2 – 1 avocado
Squeeze lemon or lime juice
- In a small bowl, combine the tuna, the flesh of the avocado and the lemon juice and mash until just combined.
- You can season with salt and pepper, or add any chopped fresh herbs you like (parsley, chives, coriander and dill would be great), or even some chopped capers (we tend to leave ours simple).
- Serve with veggie sticks, spread on sandwiches or wraps, use as a dip for fritters, spoon over baked potatoes – the possibilities are endless!
- Add some chopped leafy greens, diced tomato, diced cucumber and a little red onion for a delicious salad to eat as is or add to a wrap.
- This is a great recipe to serve when mouths or gums are sore from new teeth or tight braces. You can check out more recipe ideas in the Soft Food for Sore Mouths ebook.